Saturday, October 13, 2012

Maple Walnut Rolls

Ok, I admit, telling my mom that I only want to get rid of the yeast that was still in our fridge seems like a lie when you look at these delightful treats, but I didn't have them in mind from the start. I found the recipe for these soft rolls HERE (sorry in German only, and I am lazy to translate the recipe)
The only alteration I made was to leave out the cinnamon, as I felt that it would ruin the whole maple-walnut taste, and dabbed the still hot rolls with a little more maple syrup to make them sweeter.

As soon as I opened the oven, the whole house started smelling like yeast-risen pastry....delicious!
These rolls are best when they're still warm inside, and this is the autumn version of the wintery cinnamon rolls.

Here some pictures of the process: (from left to right and from top to bottom)

1. Maple syrup covered chopped walnuts
2. How to arrange the filling
3. Roll this thing...
4. ...and cut it into pieces
5. Leave some space on the baking tray between each roll...
6. ...because they will grow while baking, as you can see
7. Cooling down a little
8. Close up.

Enjoy!

~Vail~

No comments:

Post a Comment