Sunday, November 25, 2012

Speculoos Cheesecake Muffins

 ☆~Cheesecake Mania - christmas special~☆

My nephew's birthday was the reason why my mom made me bake all weekend, and the delicious speculoos paste I'm having on my bread every morning incited me to go for some christmas flavoured baking session (even though it's still a little early). And these small speculoos cheesecake muffins are the result! Sweet and sour - such a good combination. I am sure there are many different recipes on the internet, but when it comes to cheesecake, I will ALWAYS and without exception, stick to my family recipe, simply because it is the BEST cheesecake I have ever eaten (and I've tried quite a few)! The secret is NOT to use cream cheese, but light curd and sour cream instead, to use a little lemon juice, and the RIGHT vanilla pudding powder (some have a bad off-taste), NO butter and little sugar. The speculoos crust only consists of ground speculoos cookies and melted butter, pressed into a baking mould. I recommend the speculoos cookies from LOTUS (see picture beneath) since they have the original taste (sometimes I stumble upon almond cookies called speculoos in the supermarket, but that's something completely different, so don't be fooled!)

Ah, I love cheesecake~
I still have to try out the pumpkin and matcha cheesecake! And gingerbread cheesecake sounds great too. Well then, they might be coming up soon.

~Vail~











No comments:

Post a Comment